Boren Fellowship Application Instructions
- Before starting the application, read the how to apply section of the Boren Fellowship application.
- Proceed to the online application login.
- Click on User Registration. Your email address will be your User Name.
- Create a password that is at least eight characters and includes uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numeric characters, and non-alphanumeric characters. Choose a secret question and answer.
- Add email@example.com to your safe sender list. All automatic emails will come from this address, including submission confirmation, password resets, and login information for your referees.
Instructions for Part I – Applicant Data
Part I includes nine separate tabs. You can proceed through the tabs by clicking on Save & Continue, or you can skip around by clicking on the tabs themselves.
- Personal Data
- Program Information
- Educational Background
- Employment History
- Relevant Activities
- Overseas Activities
- Honors and Awards
- Other Information
- Government Agencies and Offices of Interest
Instructions for Part II – Program Proposal
Part II includes three tabs. You can proceed through the tabs by clicking on Save & Continue or by clicking on the tabs themselves.
Instructions for Part III – Budget Forms
Part III includes three tabs. You can proceed through the tabs by clicking on Save & Continue or by clicking on the tabs themselves.
Instructions for Online Reference and Language Proficiency Forms
These forms are required for your application to be complete by the application deadline, but you can submit your online application before these are completed. You can go back and check these references after you have submitted your application.
Instructions for Uploading TranscriptsYou may upload transcripts for up to four undergraduate and graduate institutions. The transcripts should correspond with the institutions that you entered into the educational background section. You should not attempt to upload transcripts until the educational background section is complete.
Instructions for Uploading Letter of Affiliation
If possible, applicants should upload a letter from an academic institution, research institute, non-governmental organization, and/or an individual who is aware that the applicant is planning study and/or research in that country and is willing to assist the applicant in coordinating his or her plans.
- Before submitting the application, click on preview. Read through your application and ensure that there are no errors.
- Proceed to submit application.
- Read the agreement, and click on submit application.
- If any mandatory fields are missing, you must complete them before the application can be submitted.
- Remember that all online parts of the application must be submitted by January 31, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. EST. This includes up to four uploaded transcripts, three online reference forms, the optional online language proficiency form, and the optional uploaded letter of affiliation. See the how to apply section of the website for more information.