Boren Fellowship Budget Guidelines
Boren Fellowships provide up to $24,000 for overseas study. In addition, Boren Fellowships can provide limited funding for domestic language study that will supplement the overseas component. The maximum award for a combined overseas and domestic program is $30,000. Actual support levels will be determined by each individual project budget and the length of the project.
- Boren funding can begin no earlier than June 1, 2013
- All overseas programs must begin no later than March 1, 2014
- While most Fellows will complete their programs much earlier, all 2013 funded programs must be completed by August 31, 2015.
- Overseas programs must be at least 12 weeks in duration and no more than one year.
- If your proposal includes overseas and domestic programs, you must provide separate budgets. The domestic and overseas components may be combined for a maximum of $30,000 of support over 24 consecutive months. Proposals with large breaks will not be funded.
- For specific Overseas Budget guidelines, click here.
- For specific Domestic Budget guidelines, click here.