Boren Fellowship - How To Apply
The application deadline for 2015-16 is January 27, 2015 at 5 p.m. eastern standard time. Click here to go directly to the online application.
Boren Fellowship applicants design their own programs and may combine domestic language study with overseas study or research. Study of a foreign language appropriate to the identified country or region must be an integral part of each application proposal.
Application ChecklistSubmit the online application, which includes the following items. Before starting the online application, remember to read the application instructions. In addition, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list. All automatic emails from the system will come from this address, including submission confirmation, password resets, and login information for your referees.
- A detailed budget section.
- Transcripts – The applicant must upload transcripts for all colleges and universities where a degree was obtained or pursued. For more information on uploading transcripts, click here.
- Three online reference forms. If your application includes a research component, one of the letters must be from your research advisor. If you are not currently enrolled in graduate school, you are strongly encouraged to include a letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor at your future graduate program in order to demonstrate feasibility. Click here for advice about getting strong letters of reference. Remember to tell your referees to add email@example.com to their safe sender lists.
- Optional online language proficiency form.
- Letter of overseas affiliation - If possible, applicants should upload a letter from an academic institution, research institute, non-governmental organization, and/or an individual who is aware that the applicant is planning study and/or research in that country and is willing to assist the applicant in coordinating his or her plans. Applicants should remember that the letter of affiliation is not required at the time of application, and the lack of this letter should not stop one from applying.
All application components must be submitted by the application deadline.